Winter Session Info Posted
· AVP Beach Volley Pro - Won Manhattan, Huntington Beach & Seattle Open
· Best Blocker Award - 201
· Pepperdine University - School record hitting percentageCal State Northridge - All American
· 2016 - 2019 American Beach Winter Beach Elite Head Coach
· Strong on technical knowledge, teaching & encouraging
· 4-time NCAA All American
· High School All American and CIF Player of the Year
· 4-year starter Pepperdine Beach Volleyball
· 3-year starter Pepperdine Indoor Volleyball
· Open/AAA Beach Player
· JO’s 18U Gold Medalist
· Olympic Silver Medalist in the 2012 London Olympics - beach volleyball
· 1998 All American at USC - indoor volleyball
· 19 First Place finishes on the FIVB & AVP pro tours
· AVP Best of the Beach 2008, 2009
· Professional indoor volleyball with Chicago Thunder and Pinkin de Corozal
· Currently coaching #1 US Team April Ross & Alix Klineman, who won the first FIVB tourney of 2018
· 2017 & 2018 American Beach Winter Beach Elite Head Coach
· Her high expectations naturally become the athlete's high expectations
· President, United States Volleyball Professionals Players Association 1993
· Molson East Coast Pro Beach Volleyball Tour 1991-93
· Nescafe Australian Pro Beach Volleyball Tour 1989-1990
· Former “AAA” rated by California Beach Volleyball Assoc.
· Starting outside hitter at Harvard University
· All-Ventura County high school basketball
· Career Highlights: San Clemente City Basketball Champions with my dad, George Dyer 2002 & 2003; Winning the Hermosa Beach “B” beach volleyball tournament with my 14 year old son Noah 2012
· Head Coach, Saddleback Valley Christian School Boys & Girls Beach Volleyball Teams, #2 in Southern California 2015,Orange County Champions 2016, (Boys Team & Girls Team)
· Assistant Coach, Saddleback Valley Christian Boys Indoor Volleyball - 2013, 2014, 2015, 2016 (2018 currently in the CIF Finals) CIF Champions
· USA Volleyball Beach CAP I & CAP II (Coaching Accreditation Program) & Impact certified
· USA Volleyball indoor CAP I & CAP II training
· 13 club & youth championship teams
Ryan Van Rensselaer
· Started playing volleyball at Laguna Beach High in 1987- Played Frosh Soph that year as starting setter and won league.
· Varsity Volleyball 2 years 1989-1990 (Setter) at El Toro High School.
· 4 years club for Laguna Beach Volleyball club – Won 1 Junior Olympic title, one runner up and one 3rd place. Starting setter for Orange Coast College Volleyball team 1990-1st Place in Conference & State Champions (All State 1st Team & All conference 1st Team).
· Starting Setter for OCC in 1991 – Won conference and took 3rd place in State (All conference/ All State 1st Team).
· Former “AAA” rated by California Beach Volleyball Association (currently rated “A” at age 40).
· 1991 began training for AVP qualification tournaments. Stopped actively pursuing AVP in 1992 to focus on education and commitments to Youth Ministry. Picked up beach volleyball again in 2001 and still continue to play competitive tournaments
· Head Boys Varsity Volleyball Coach for Saddleback Valley Christian School - 2013, 2014, 2015, 2016 CIF Champions. Currently in the 2018 CIF Finals.
· Co-Head Boys Beach Volleyball Coach, Saddleback Valley Christian, Orange County Champions 2016
· Only volleyball coach in CIF-SS history to win CIF boys volleyball 4 years in a row
· Head Coach of 949 Volleyball Club 14-1s, the #3 team in the USA 2012.
· Coached the Frosh-Soph boy’s team at El Toro high school in 1993 (League Champs) Also assisted head coach Mike Jagde with varsity team who lost in Semi-Finals of CIF that year.
· Assistant head coach/ helped out head coach Dave Crandall at Mission Viejo high school in 1994 (primarily working with setter).
· 2009 Began training high school and college athletes on the beach specifically to enhance their indoor game through sand plyometrics and jump training.
· Coach Garry has been with American Beach since 2013. He helped coach the Saddleback Valley Christian boy’s and girl’s varsity and JV teams from 1998 - 2013. Garry is a retired California State Beach Lifeguard, grandfather of two American Beach players and is a favorite among our athletes; he has a wonderful balance of gentle encouragement and clear instruction while holding them accountable for giving him their best effort.
Kevin Beard & Ann Feiner Beard
· Kevin Beard is an avid recreational player who has played his whole life and he continues to compete on the beach whenever he can. He has enjoyed sharing his knowledge and skills with young athletes at American Beach since 2013. A highlight for Kevin is watching the players progress with their talent and confidence.
· Ann Feiner Beard is also a longtime beach player and has coached with American Beach for six years. She enjoys coaching the athletes as they play from middle school all the way up to college. Ann feels a sense of joy in getting to be a part of the athlete’s lives as they grow in skill, maturity and self-esteem: “So proud of all the athletes that work so hard and are so dedicated and driven to improve”!
· Lynn has shared her passion for volleyball with American Beach since 2016. She helped form the San Clemente High School Boys Beach Team in 2015 and continues to assist with coaching. Lynn also spent two years coaching the Saddleback Valley Christian High School Girls Indoor Team. She grew up playing in a family of volleyball players and her son is currently playing Division 1 level at UCSB. Lynn runs tournaments and tries to promote and teach the sport she loves whenever she can. “I love the smiles when a good shot is made and the disappointed look when frustration kicks in, each feeling is one that keeps you coming back for more. You can’t lose, you either win or learn. I think it is more than a sport, it’s an incredible lifestyle."
· Matthew Hunt played his first organized volleyball in 1977-78 for the Seahawks of Shorecliffs Junior High School, back when California still funded after school sports. He continued playing at San Clemente High School, where he was a three-year starter, earning all-CIF honors his senior year. After high school, Matthew played for the UCSD Tritons, but gave up inter-collegiate athletics when he married his high school sweetheart Lynne before the start of his junior year. In graduate school at the University of Southern California, Matthew took up volleyball again, but this time on the sands of Santa Monica Bay, often playing mixed doubles with his wife. Matthew and Lynne have three adult sons, and Matthew had the privilege of coaching all three in volleyball, both on the beach and indoor. Whenever all three boys are in town, the four males of the family still compete in doubles on the sand.
· Professional Beach Player since August 2018
· AAA/Open Beach Player
· Undergraduate Assistant, Grand Canyon University Women's Beach Volleyball Team 2018
· Assistant Coach, Irvine Valley College Women's Beach Volleyball Team 2017
· 2015 – 2019 American Beach Volleyball Club
· Coaching Philosophy - Fail your way to success.
· Highlight -Seeing athletes progress from beginners in beach bombers to serious players in beach club.
· Setter for Pepperdine University
· Open/AAA level Beach Player
· All-CIF, San Joaquin League Player of the Year.
· 3-Year starter for Pepperdine Indoor volleyball team, with 1 year to go
· US Junior National Team
· JO's 18U Gold Medalist
· Open/AAA Beach Player
· CIF Player of the Year
· Three-time San-O Tournament Champion
· Multiple CBVA Wins Two-time Junior Olympics Open Silver Medalist
· Two-time Cal Cup Invitational player
· Two-time UCLA Intramural Beach Volleyball Champion
· Two-year San Clemente High School Varsity Setter
· SCHS League Champion & All-League Player
· Assistant Coach at American Beach and San Clemente High School
· 2nd place at AVCA Nationals
· Vanguard University Beach Volleyball
· Open/AAA level beach player
· Played at Cal Baptist & Laguna Hills High School.
BELOVED FORMER AMERICAN BEACH COACHES:
Katherine "Kat" Hart
· Played professional volleyball for 1 season in Croatia.
· University of North Carolina, Greensboro
· USF (University of San Francisco) 2004-2007
· OCVBC 5yrs
· Dana Hills High School 2000-2004
· Head Coach - Saddleback Valley Volleyball Club Girls 18-24
· Beach volleyball coach for 9 years
· Undergrad Assistant Coach at University of North Carolina Greensboro (1 yr)
· Frosh-Soph Coach at Corona Del Mar High School (1 season)
· Founder, Dana Point Youth Beach Volleyball Club
· 2012: Coach (2 teams), Tstreet Volleyball Club.
· 2011: Assistant Coach, OCVC Boys Volleyball Club
o Head Coach, Laguna Hills High School Boys JV Volleyball
o Assistant Coach, Laguna Hills High School Boys Varsity Volleyball
o Assistant Coach, Laguna Hills High School Girls Varsity Volleyball
· 2009-2010: Assistant Coach, Laguna Hills High School Boys Frosh/Soph Volleyball
· Lourdes University
· Irvine Valley College (IVC) –CCCAA Champions 2011, CCCAA Final 4 2012
· IVC - “Most Improved Player” and “Second Team All Conference”
· Laguna Hills High – Team MVP, 1st Team All League